COMET Technologies USA is the headquarters as well as an important sales, distribution and service hub for the COMET Group. From this modern facility, we provide our innovative COMET X-ray and ebeam source technology and portable X-ray systems to leading manufacturers, research labs and government sites within North and South America.
Field Service Engineer
- Installation and repair of X-Ray inspection systems at the customers' location.
- Performs preventive maintenance on X-Ray systems.
- Provides system training to customers on maintenance, operation, and programming as required.
- Supervision of the customer and contractor personnel as required.
- Completes all job-related paperwork and submits to the Hudson office each week. This includes expense reports and service reports which detail problems encountered, solutions taken, and parts used.
- Maintains daily communication with supervisor and/or customer service reps and pro vides appropriate updates on job-related progress and schedule.
- Takes responsibility for personal improvement and identifies training needs to management.
- Makes effective use of downtime during periods in the office. This may include customer phone support, service/PM contract follow-up, and internal project support.
- Identify improvements/bugs in equipment design and software and report appropriately to engineering/customer service.
- Maintains a clean and professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Reports to work on-time in accordance with office policy or daily customer schedule.
- Follows all appropriate safety procedures and actively promotes a safe work environment.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships within the organization worldwide in or der to develop a support network.
- Accomplish tasks as directed by management.
- Travel represents approximately 90% of total time.
- Mechanical / Electrical Engineering Expertise, prefer a 2 year technical degree certification.
- Understanding of fundamental electronic principals.
- Understanding of basic 3-phase and single phase power systems and components.
- Knowledge of PLC logic and motion control systems.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with common lab testing equipment such as multimeter, oscilloscope, and soldering tools.
- Strong PC and networking skills (Windows environment).
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to work alone with little or no technical support.
- 2+ years of working experience with troubleshooting electronic equipment.
- Experience in an industrial environment.
Functional skill sets:
- Willingness to travel approximately 90%.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy parts.
- Use of both hands and good dexterity.
Interpersonal skills: (Leadership, Management, Communication Skills)
- Good people skills, able to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Good communication skills and ability to explain step by step instructions.
- Very organized and able to present ideas in a structured manner.
We take data protection seriously. “COMET AG” and software partner umantis AG have taken the necessary organizational and technical measures to ensure the confidentiality of your application. All HR personnel and umantis employees have a duty to maintain confidentiality with respect to personal data as part of their employment contract. Automatic 128-bit encryption ensures that your data is transmitted securely. The processing of your data complies with general data security standards based on the latest technology.