COMET Technologies USA is the headquarters as well as an important sales, distribution and service hub for the COMET Group. From this modern facility, we provide our innovative COMET X-ray and ebeam source technology and portable X-ray systems to leading manufacturers, research labs and government sites within North and South America.
Senior Sales Manager
In this Senior Management role you will provide the required Leadership to serve customers by identifying their needs; including engineered adaptations of products, equipment, and services. Responsible for actively driving and managing the evaluation stage of the sales process and equipment applications, working in conjunction with a sales team as the key technical sales advisor and product advocate for our products.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand product requirements. Provides product or equipment technical and engineering information by answering client / potential client questions and requests.
- Must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Ability to identify technical issues of new and assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong internal and external relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Manages the Application function within YXLON to drive Equipment Sales growth and to increase Inspection Services revenues.
- Manages and assigns new Agents as per the Approval Process to drive Equipment Sales growth and to increase Customer engagements.
- Works directly with the Executive Director YXLON US and the VP of Global Sales to generate an RFC and Business Plan that meets the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Establishes new accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedules and regularly reporting on sales activities.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consults with engineers and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer's staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares and delivers sales reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to organizational performance by establishing sales targets and reporting on a regular basis as to sales performance relative to those targets.
- Participates in the development and delivery of product demonstrations.
- Effectively represents the product[s] to customers and at field events such as conferences, trade shows, etc.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs
- Able to effectively convey customer requirements to Product and Service Management teams
- Able to travel throughout assigned sales territory.
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical sales and knowledge of technology.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization desiring to rapidly expand the customer base.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Must be prepared for extensive travel within the assigned area[s] of responsibility.
- Sound judgement and good business sense
- Collaboration skills and the ability to work with and in teams
- The ability to build and sustain relationships with clients quickly
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- 10 + years relevant experience in sales required
- Experience and familiarity of our products and line of business a plus
- B.S. in Engineering or a related field is required; an MBA is strongly preferred.