COMET Technologies USA is the headquarters as well as an important sales, distribution and service hub for the COMET Group. From this modern facility, we provide our innovative COMET X-ray and ebeam source technology and portable X-ray systems to leading manufacturers, research labs and government sites within North and South America.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Development of COMET custom matching network products and accessories:
- Work with RF engineers to conceptualize, design, prototype, and productize match networks
- Participate in Product Development Design Review processes
- Model and document all new parts and assemblies using SolidWorks 3D modeling
- Most parts are aluminum sheet metal; some machined metal and plastics; some RF coil/inductors; some cable assemblies.
- Create detail drawings for procurement per company established standards
- Load drawings and BOMs into SAP under the ECO process
Additional duties and responsibilities (operational / tactical)
- Interface with internal customers and vendors as needed
- Work with Manufacturing to release products to production.
- Support sustaining engineering activities as needed
- Perform model simulation to analyse new designs for optimization may be required
Position requirements (experience / technical skills / education)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering desired but will consider other degree or experience
- Able to work in a controlled documentation environment following standards set by management
- SolidWorks 3D modelling & drafting
- MS Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Basic knowledge of drafting standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Functional skill sets
- Flexibility to deal with sudden changes in direction and assignments
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- Experience with thermal and airflow simulation modelling is a plus
Interpersonal skills (Leadership / Management / Communication Skills)
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to communicate and work with all levels of personnel within the organization
- Willing to ask questions/challenge inputs when they do not seem correct
- Must be able to speak and write English proficiently
We take data protection seriously. “COMET AG” and software partner umantis AG have taken the necessary organizational and technical measures to ensure the confidentiality of your application. All HR personnel and umantis employees have a duty to maintain confidentiality with respect to personal data as part of their employment contract. Automatic 128-bit encryption ensures that your data is transmitted securely. The processing of your data complies with general data security standards based on the latest technology.