The COMET Group is a globally leading Swiss technology firm. For more than 65 years, we have been developing and producing innovative high-tech components and systems based on x-ray, radio frequency and ebeam technology. Consistently able to take advantage of global trends and developments, we grow continually.
COMET Plasma Control Technologies (PCT) is a leading expert in RF power delivery and a global innovation partner of RF related businesses. Our customers are primarily manufacturers in the semiconductor and adjacent industries.
Sr. RF System Validation Engineer
- As part of the Product Development Team, define and perform Design Validation Tests and performance characterizations of High-Power RF Matching Systems and related modules, such as sensors and electromechanical control systems
- Develop automated tests for advanced product performance characterization, Design Validation Testing (DVT), and Accelerated Life Testing (ALT) of RF Matching Networks
- Collaborate with R&D Design Engineers and System Architects to define and validate performance characteristics, specifications, and associated test procedures for new RF system modules
- Work closely with Test Engineering to define and qualify auto-test procedures and test stations for Production
- Analyze large and complex data sets, extract relevant results, and communicate via comprehensive test reports
- Directly interface with development teams and project management
- Participate in the technical direction of matching network products worldwide
- BSEE, MSEE or equivalent, emphasis on RF and control systems strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in product development and/ or validation of RF systems and modules, kW power level experience preferred.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with the set-up and operation of complex RF test equipment required for design validation, including VNA power meters, spectrum analyzers, RF power generators, oscilloscopes.
- Experience with applied metrology and experience with pushing the performance limits of commercially available test equipment.
- Experience with scripting tools to automate design validation tests and data analysis ( LabView required/ Python preferred)
- Solid understanding of data analysis methods for large and complex data sets. Curious and analytical!
- Experience with JMP is a plus.
- Proven ability to identify, characterize, and solve complex electrical system problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of personnel within the organization.
We take data protection seriously. “COMET AG” and software partner umantis AG have taken the necessary organizational and technical measures to ensure the confidentiality of your application. All HR personnel and umantis employees have a duty to maintain confidentiality with respect to personal data as part of their employment contract. Automatic 128-bit encryption ensures that your data is transmitted securely. The processing of your data complies with general data security standards based on the latest technology.