COMET Technologies USA is the headquarters as well as an important sales, distribution and service hub for the COMET Group. From this modern facility, we provide our innovative COMET X-ray and ebeam source technology and portable X-ray systems to leading manufacturers, research labs and government sites within North and South America.
Field Service Engineer
- Install and repair industrial x-ray equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on x-ray systems.
- Provide system training to customers on maintenance, operation, and programming.
- Interact with contract personnel at key customer sites and delegate tasks to contractors.
- Provide internal project support such as upgrade of existing systems to new hardware and software versions.
- Install latest hardware/software, confirm system operation, and train operators on new functionality.
- For software installations, may be required to develop and install software code in order to produce acceptable system results.
- Identify improvements and bugs in equipment design and software and report appropriately to engineering and customer service.
- Follow all appropriate safety procedures and promote a safe work environment.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships within the organization worldwide in order to develop a support network.
- Accomplish tasks as directed by management. May require up to 80% of domestic and international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or related engineering field and two (2) years of experience as Field Service Engineer, Application Engineer, Technician or related role.
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent, will accept two (2) years’ experience as Field Service Engineer, Application Engineer, Technician or related role. Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
- Electrical/electronic principles and components including 3-phase power, DC circuits, AC/DC motors, programmable logic controllers, motion controllers, relay logic, and related tools/troubleshooting techniques;
- PC operation, components and repair;§
- Networking principles and troubleshooting;
- Industrial mechanical principles and components and related tools;
- Industrial x-ray engineering (both software and hardware);
- Calibrating and setting up x-ray systems.
We take data protection seriously. “COMET AG” and software partner umantis AG have taken the necessary organizational and technical measures to ensure the confidentiality of your application. All HR personnel and umantis employees have a duty to maintain confidentiality with respect to personal data as part of their employment contract. Automatic 128-bit encryption ensures that your data is transmitted securely. The processing of your data complies with general data security standards based on the latest technology.