COMET Plasma Control Technologies (PCT) is a leading expert in RF power delivery and a global innovation partner of RF related businesses. Our customers are primarily manufacturers in the semiconductor and adjacent industries.
The Embedded Software Engineering Manager will be a hands-on team leader in the development, enhancement, and maintenance of custom RTOS embedded systems, algorithms and user GUIs used in COMET auto-match RF matching network products.
Embedded Firmware Engineering Manager
- Lead, recruit, develop, and inspire a strong FW/SW team in our San Jose, CA office while creating a culture of ownership and commitment to embedded control system projects.
- Provide oversight and guidance on development projects and sustaining engineering efforts to ensure diligence, rigor, and product performance is being maintained and enhanced.
- Select and implement FW/SW development tools, techniques, collaboration models, coding styles, documentation, specifications, and full regression testing paradigms, that allow your team to focus on developing and releasing dependable and innovative SW and FW solutions.
- Direct and manage the development of new control system algorithms, control schemes, methods of regulation, external and internal I/O interfaces, and product enhancing feature sets that bring value to our product and our customers.
- Interface with internal engineering teams to assess needs, develop solutions, agree upon specifications, and drive your team to meet development timelines built around these parameters.
- Own the FW/SW portion of the COMET product and technology development technical roadmap.
- Collaborate with HW engineers to design and develop next generation control systems.
- Write and develop FW and SW to drive innovation in R&D efforts within the product group.
- Interface with other product groups within COMET to initiate & participate in collaborative efforts.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent related combination of degree and/or experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience developing control systems, firmware, and control algorithms; Minimum of 3 years in a management role.
- Must have real-time embedded systems development and signal processing experience
- Must have a strong background in embedded coding, debugging, testing, and deployment.
- Must be able to read schematics and understand the hardware our FW/SW runs on.
- Advanced C/C++ programming experience
- C/C++ programming experience on RTOS (CCS preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of control theory and ability to implement and develop control algorithms.
- Experience with collaborative development version control software such as SubVersion and Git.
- Understanding of real-time coding best practices required.
- Experience programming ARM cores, FPGA, and SoC based systems.
- Experience with industrial serial protocols (SPI, CAN, DeviceNet) and industrial networking protocols (Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT) desired.
- Working knowledge of related lab equipment, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills using English language
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
We take data protection seriously. “COMET AG” and software partner umantis AG have taken the necessary organizational and technical measures to ensure the confidentiality of your application. All HR personnel and umantis employees have a duty to maintain confidentiality with respect to personal data as part of their employment contract. Automatic 128-bit encryption ensures that your data is transmitted securely. The processing of your data complies with general data security standards based on the latest technology.