The COMET Group is a globally leading Swiss technology firm. For more than 65 years, we have been developing and producing innovative high-tech components and systems based on x-ray, radio frequency and ebeam technology. Consistently able to take advantage of global trends and developments, we grow continually.
The Senior Director R&D SJC reports directly to the VP Global R&D PCT and is re-sponsible for establishing the technical vision and leading all aspects of the technolo-gy and product development in San Jose. The Senior Director R&D SJC is the top technology executive in San Jose, CA, playing an integral role in the strategic direc-tion, development, and future growth. The Senior Director R&D SJC will work closely with our R&D teams in Europe and Asia and collaborate with the global staff of the VP Global R&D PCT
Sr. Director - R&D
- Provide visible leadership within the technology community. Lead the SJC PCT R&D center and interact with all PCT R&D centers globally
- Build, coach and manage a top-flight technology team to create synergies, strategic and sustainable technology roadmaps and research and development, as well as pro-ject management.
- Lead the execution of technology strategy and roadmaps for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Create and push a design to cost structure within R&D. Utilize and further implement supporting tools for e.g. simulation and data analysis.
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of com-pany leadership in the competitive landscape.
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and company operations. Strong interaction and cooperation with our key customers in the SEMI market.
- Working experience, technical skills and know how. MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering and / or (Plasma)-Physics with strong back-ground in high frequency technologies strongly preferred. At least 10 years in R&D / Engineering, with at least 5 years in a senior management-level position.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps. Strong experience in development of RF power devices and / or embedded systems including digital signal processing on real time platforms is a must
- Experiences in plasma processes or Semiconductor related industries is a big plus but not mandatory. Basic knowledge in Big-Data treatment for development purposes
- Experience in modern development workflows for hardware and software including the corresponding tools for simulation, testing, agile project management and PLM. Native or fluent in English – other languages German / Mandarin / Korean welcomed. Willing to travel around 20%
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Strong cultural competence and experiences in USA (Silicon Valley), Asia (China, Ko-rea, Japan and others), Europe
- Action / Result Oriented – Achieves high level, sustainable performance and results. Is bottom-line oriented, steadfastly pushes self and encourages others to grasp own-ership for achieving timely, quality, agreed upon results. Is highly energetic, not fearful of acting with less than the complete data and planning. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them, displays a sense of urgency.
- Team Player – Supports team efforts, cooperates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals. Builds group cohesiveness by emphasizing team objectives and reinforcing cooperation. Creates strong morale within team and across functions. Shares wins, brings a feeling of participation & belonging to the team.
- Adaptability – Effectively responds to change and is comfortable with ambiguity. Man-ages conflicting priorities, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty. Learns quickly when facing new problems, open to change. Analyzes both, successes and failures for clues to improvement. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
We take data protection seriously. “COMET AG” and software partner umantis AG have taken the necessary organizational and technical measures to ensure the confidentiality of your application. All HR personnel and umantis employees have a duty to maintain confidentiality with respect to personal data as part of their employment contract. Automatic 128-bit encryption ensures that your data is transmitted securely. The processing of your data complies with general data security standards based on the latest technology.